Registration and Title Bulletin - #005-08
Date: February 28, 2008
To: All County Tax Assessor-Collectors
Subject: Introduction to Registration and Title System (RTS) Version 5.5.1, Internet Vehicle Title and Registration Service (IVTRS) Version 2.2.3 and Remote Sticker Printing System (RSPS) Version 1.3.1
These documents contain text of correspondence sent by TxDOT to the county tax assessor-collectors, statutory agents who provide vehicle registration and titling services for citizens in Texas. This information is provided to apprise the general public of issues affecting the state's vehicle titling and registration process.
To provide information regarding the functional and procedural changes to RTS, IVTRS and RSPS.
Updates to the application covered in versions 5.5.1, 2.2.3 and 1.3.1 Release Notes include several enhancements that will improve customer service, including full or partial implementation of several legislative mandates from the last legislative session. Enhancements include:
- The addition of certain military qualifying plates in Internet Renewal
- The addition of military plates in RTS to be issued by the counties
- The addition of a new motorcycle make
- Registration class and plate type changes for apportioned trailers
- $1.30 Additional Fees collected in RTS and DTA
- Tow Truck item code description change
- Message change on RTS Tow Truck receipts
- Several defect resolutions and activity changes
The attached release notes describe the functional and procedural changes for these versions and should provide adequate support for the user.
If you have any questions or need any additional information, please contact your local Vehicle Titles and Registration Division Regional Office. You may also call Mike Craig, Deputy Director, or me at (512) 465-7570.